Thursday, May 23, 2013

Real Quick

I understand that this is not a micro-blog; however, I don't have a lot of time right this second, and I feel compelled to share something. The National's new album Trouble Will Find Me has been out exactly two days and it has already bored the shit out of me.  I don't even own it.  But XMU and all the "indy" and college stations have it on such heavy rotation, absolutely crushing rotation, that I wish I could go back in time and assassinate the members of the band before they ever met each other.

And my question is, "Why?"  What kind of person would like this shit?  Someone with nerve damage?  An epileptic perhaps, that needs everything to be in a state of utter sensory blandness at all times so as not to convulse?

Hey XMU!  I can sing one note over and over and over and over again with nothing interesting musically going on behind me for support to overwrought hipster lyrics!  If I had ever, ever thought that THAT was the way to get played, I reckon I could have totally done it.  Anyone could.

I know it takes all kinds, but I will never understand how such boring shit gets airtime.  Seriously.  Here's the big single "Don't Swallow the Cap."  The title is missing an "r" in that last word.  If it had been included it would have been the one redeeming quality of this stupid album:  a piece of decent advice.


No comments:

Post a Comment